Well, for an easy dessert that will taste like memories just read, do and eat!
Rice Crispy Treat Cake:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows (regular OR chocolate)
- 8 cups Miniature Marshmallows (regular OR chocolate)
- 12 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Candy Canes (if wanted)
- 1-2 Vanilla/Chocolate Frosting Containers
- Minty Sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. (Crunch up candy canes and melt with butter) Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into deep circular cake pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Repeat Step 3 with left overs.
4. When both/more layers of the cake are finished cooling lay down wax paper on counter, and frost cake, apply sprinkles.
Serves about 12.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2-4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Fresh Marshmallows are best to use in this recipe.